Development Institutions Research Center (Puslit Pranata Pembangunan) was established in May 3, 1986 by Decree No.25803/A2.1.2/C/1986 issued by the Minister of Education an Culture the Republic of Indonesia. In the beginning, the institute was coordinated under the University of Indonesia Research Center (LP UI) that currently transforms into UI Directorate of Research and Community Services (DRPM UI).
Then due to reorganization process within the University of Indonesia in 2009, the insitute was determined to be in the coordination of the UI Postgraduate Program (PPS) by the Rector’s Decree UI no.1406/SK/R/UI/2009 with the consideration that most of insitute’s research have a scope of the multi/interdisciplinary study. Later, the nomenclature of the UI Postgraduate Program (PPS) was renamed the UI School of Strategic and Global Studies (SKSG UI) on July 1, 2016. As a consequence, the Development Institutions is currently part of the SKSG UI.